Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Summertime


Had a good week in Traverse City. Loved some of the films I saw, esp. If a Tree Falls, Windfall, Fordson. Ate pretty well and got to hang at the Grand Traverse Commons. I so wish I lived in this old sanitarium. It's beautiful and has such wonderful trees and grounds and peacefulness.
Garden is cranking along. My squashes mostly died but the butternut is still giving it a go. Tomatoes are going crazy but I'm disappointed in the Pruden's Purple, which is all growth and no fruit. The San Marzano is a winner and two of my tomatoes from seed--the burpee's long keeper and roma, are laden with fruit.
I've been thinking a lot about balance (life out of). I hope if I get more balance, some of my chronic health issues might flare up less. To that end, I'm loving Kombucha lately. I'm sure it is some kind of magic beans thing but I do feel better when I drink it. I'm also meeting with a fitness person this week. And I want to take an art class in the fall. Something non-school related!
Winston had another seizure on Sunday, which scares me. On Thursday it will be the seventh anniversary of our meeting: true love.

No comments:

Post a Comment